|Moxy Times Square Hotel|
|New York City, US|
- Moxy Times Square is the NY flagship of Marriott's new, experimental global brand and its edgier hotel alternative complete with 4 eateries, the largest all-season rooftop lounge in NYC and mini golf course.
- Full-service production and installation agency, Anthem Productions, was asked to design the audio systems for all main common areas – each with their own set of requirements – so they looked to K-array America for help.
- The systems had to sound amazing at low levels with the ability to play very loud since they all turn into a high energy party with the need to hold together at high volume levels.
- For the Legasea Restaurant & Bar, a system comprised of 14 Python-KP52 line arrays, 8 Tornado-KT2C point sources, 6 Thunder-KMT12P subwoofers and 5 Kommander-KA84 amplifiers was installed.
- The rooftop Magic Hour Bar & Lounge and Foreplay putt-putt golf course employed a system of 30 Python-KP52 line arrays, 20 Thunder-KMT12P subwoofers, and 5 Kommander-KA84 amplifiers.
- For the three-floor atrium of the hotel containing the main lobby on the first floor and the Bar Moxy and lounge and The Pickup cafeteria on the second floor, a system of 15 Python-KP52 line arrays, 6 Thunder-KMT12P subwoofers, and 3 Kommander-KA24 amplifiers was applied.
"When we fired up the system after timing the delays and simulating with EASE software and Anthem’s proprietary electronics, it was flawless! The sound was articulate and powerful with a graceful quality and each area performed with amazing coverage. The owners once again were floored with the outcome and praised Anthem for choosing K-array. Most of all they loved the way the speakers blended into the environment."
Joseph Lodi, Anthem co-owner and system designer