The Mugello-KS5 is an incredibly versatile, 21" self-powered subwoofer featuring neodymium magnets with 6" voice coils driven by a powerful Class D amplifier. The large ports are designed to be fully symmetrical to the speakers which means the back loading of the drivers is consistent and even with no port air turbulence. The triangle port construction also provided excellent structural integrity and strength, effectively eliminating any box resonance.
The rear panel provides inputs for both balanced line signals and digital signals in AES/EBU protocol, also on an XLR for ease of cabling.
All DSP functions including EQ can be controlled with remote managing software via USB or RS485, again conveniently on a standard XLR. There are different DSP presets, specifically made by K-array to optimize the system performance of the variety of device configuration available. Additionally, you can also create, save, and store your own personal presets on the Mugello-KS5.
We utilize the most durable and resistant materials when developing our products to protect and conserve the system regardless of the elements, rendering a K-array installation reliable and long-lasting.
We have the ability to customize your project by color matching your system to any RAL code to help you to better integrate the speakers into a wide variety of venues.
Built-in DSP allows for fine tuning of every single sonic parameter of the loudspeaker, providing the sound engineer the highest control on overall performance and fine granularity in system configuration.
Onboard Touch Screen
An integrated touch screen provides intuitive control over the main DSP functions, from signal routing to level and delay settings.
Our self-powered solutions prevent distortion from cumbersome and fragile passive crossovers and power loss due to long running cables, and offer plenty of advantages ranging from the compactness of the solution to the ease of integration with new and existing sound systems.
- Type Active subwoofer
- Transducers 2x 21” Neodymium magnet woofer with 5.31” voice coil
- Frequency Response (1) 25 Hz – 120 Hz (-6 dB)
- Maximum SPL (2) 141 dB peak
- Coverage Omni
- Connectors Analog: 2x XLR (bal) input signal + 2x XLR (bal) parallel output
- . Digital: 1x XLR AES3 input + 1x XLR AES3 output
- Control Remote control with dedicated PC software via USB or RS485.
- . Onboard touch screen display.
Digital signal processor
- Built-in DSP Input gain, delay up to 330 ms, 8 full parametric IIR filters (Peaking, Shelving, Hi/Lo pass, Hi/Lo Butterworth), FIR filter for electronic beam steering Onboard preset, Level and temperature remote monitoring
- Type 2-ch., switch mode, class D
- Output power 2x 3500 W @ 2 Ω 1% THD+N
- Power consumption 600 W @ 4 Ω load, Pink noise 1/8 rated power
- Protections Over Temp. (Power Limiting – Thermal Shutdown), Short Circuit/Overload Output Protection, Power Limiting, Clip Limiter/Permanent Signal Limiter, High Frequency Protection
- Operating range 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz with PFC
- Mains connector powerCON with link inlet
Handling and Finishes
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 1162 x 590 x 851 mm (45.7 x 23.2 x 33.5 in)
- Weight 104.4 kg (230.16 lb)
- Material Wood
- Color Black, White, Custom RAL
- IP Rating IP20 (IP53 with K-AMPCOVER accessory)
- Notes for data:
(1) With dedicated preset
(2) Maximum SPL is calculated using a signal with crest factor 4 (12dB) measured at 1 m.
New materials and design are introduced into existing products without previous notice. Present systems may differ in some respects from those presented in this catalogue.
KS5 DatasheetVer. 3.0
KS5 User GuideVer. 1.3
EASE Focus 3 Download
EASE & EASE Focus DataVer. 4.0
KS5 DWG 3DVer. 2.0
KS5 DXF 2DVer. 3.0
KS5 PDF 3DVer. 2.0
KS5 LayoutVer. 1.2
KS5 3DS 3DVer. 1.0
K-framework 2.2.8 - WindowsVer. 2.2.8
K-framework ManualVer. 2.6
KS5 Architect SpecsVer. 1.0
Mugello Certifications ver. 1.0ver. 1.0
Mugello-KS5 can be successfully used in a range of different settings and events.