China CCTV Media Center
Dongcheng District, China
Broadcast and Studios
- With the development of the Internet and 5G, nowadays more and more traditional TV stations have started to build their own multimedia center to cover more users through mobile phone use.
- As the biggest TV station in China with a network of 50 channels and access to more than one billion viewers, China Central Television (CCTV, formerly Beijing Television) was the first to implement 5G and used this new technology to send their news and TV programs to viewers.
- With such a large number of employees located at their new multicenter along with a high traffic volume of customers to accommodate, the customer required an invisible audio system and good sound coverage to reinforce the live TV broadcasts in house.
- Beijing Viaudio, the K-array distributor in Beijing, invited CCTV to the showroom for a demoand the client was very satisfied with the small size and unbelievable SPL. Also, the speaker design was highly appreciated.
- 3 Azimut-KAMUT2V25 complete audio systems, with 2 Vyper-KV25 flat line arrays paired with a Truffle-KTR25 sub and a Kommander-KAO2 amp each, were selected along with 2 Python-KP102 line arrays and 1 Rumble-KU212 driven by a Kommander-KA24.
- And because of the onboard DSP feature on the amplifier, CCTV didn’t have to spend more money for the processors and less equipment was needed.
- The setup was typical 2.1 system installation and the Kommander-KA02 from the Azimut system and Kommander-KA24 utilized their own DSP for tuning.
The sound is very good and nobody are aware of the exist of speakers. Thanks to the narrow sound beam of the Python, we installed them higher on the back stage wall and face to the audience area，So the sound won’t goes in to the microphone on stage.Jianguo MaTechnical Director of Viaudio