|Salone dei 500|
- Originally built during the Renaissance, the hall measures 54 meters long by 23 meters wide and 18 meters high.
- It is one of the largest and most important rooms in Italy in terms of artistic and historic value.
- Hosts foreign dignataries, press conferences, and government, coporate and private events.
- Proprietors saw the need for a fixed audio system with the ability to adapt to the different occasions.
- Required optimal coverage, low visual impact and confronting the hall's biggest challenge: high reverberancy.
- The large frescoed walls, the very high ceilings and lack of specific acoustic treatment abruptly reflect sound.
- To avoid reflections, which creates a sort of rumble sound and greatly damages the intelligibility inside the room, integrators Expomeeting proposed a portable line array speaker system composed of long Kobra line arrays and 2 Thunder subwoofers.
- Two 3-meter columns were installed on each side of the stage to not only minimize reverberation, but also effectively cover the entire salon, despite its 50m in length,
- And for proper monitoring for guest speakers or performers on the stage, two additional Kobra line array speakers were installed vertically behind the main system.