|Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Tour|
|Various cities, USA|
- One of the most successful and long-running American rock groups went on a multi-city tour throughout North America and the UK to commemorate their 40th anniversary.
- Touring sound reinforcement powerhouse Sound Image was asked to provide the front fill element
- President Dave Shadoan and touring director Mike Sprague completed an exahustive search for a speaker with a small visual impact, but with high power handling.
- The solution also had to be expandable and arrayable.
- FOH Robert Scovill wanted a touring system that could provide high SPL, handle rock music and yet not throw so far into the audience that it would interfere with the main audio system.
- Rear rejection was important as the front fills would be right in front of where Tom Petty would be standing.
- During extensive testing, the Dragon-KX12 excelled on all fronts and defeated some very respected and high performing systems from other manufacturers.
"K-array provided an extremely elegant solution to a challenging situation for the tour. We needed a product that was flexible and very easily deployed. The product also needed to be high powered and full-range but at the same time offer a very small visual foot print in that the boxes would be positioned and working in very close proximity to audience members. K-array simply met all the criteria. I’ve been thrilled with the results."
Robert Scovill, Tom Petty FOH.