|Dynamo Camp Conference Room|
- A recreational therapy camp hosts a range of activities to ailing children free of charge.
- Required an audio system capable of relocating to the different areas of the campus, i.e., cafeteria, gym, or outdoor events.
- Setup began in the conference room with vaulted ceilings and no acoustic treatment. With more than 6s of reverberation time, the intelligibility was so poor that normal conversations were difficult.
- A solution that avoids sending sound towards the ceiling was vital which is why PAT line array elements were selected.
- The team decided upon a hybrid portable speaker system melding components of a Pinnacle-KR202 and a Pinnacle-KR102.
- The smaller, 12” portable subwoofer speaker had enough power to drive the audio system, ideal for spoken word.
“When we switched on the system in front of the client and we started talking into a microphone, he couldn’t believe the words were so clear. Having strongly reduced the reflections from the ceiling, listening to the speaker was finally a pleasure.”
Maurizio Carresi, integrator