|St. Thomas More Parish|
- St. Thomas More is a Catholic church in Mt Eliza, a suburb near the southern tip of greater Melbourne.
- Seating around 150 people, the spacious auditorium hosts masses several times a week and other church functions and school events.
- Carl Pellegrino of Reflections AV was approached by St. Thomas More with a simple brief — bring the church’s "clunky" audio and visual system up to scratch.
- Lacking up-to-date equipment, the church required a thorough revamp of its AV to better service those who regularly use the space.
- Acoustically, the room posed a challenge in producing clear, intelligible audio without stirring excessive reverberation due to the glass windows and brick walls.
- With the help of the NAS Projects Team, Carl designed the perfect audio upgrade for the church: a set of Kobra-KK52 line array elements as the main PA paired with the Rumble-KU26 subwoofer to fill out the lows, powered by a single Kommander-KA24 amplifier.
- Custom color finishes made K-array an ideal fit for St. Thomas More’s church hall as the leadership was keen on a system that didn’t command much attention or turn into an ugly ‘black box on the wall’ look.
- As the client wished, the new installation at St. Thomas More is appropriately discreet and effortlessly covers every seat in the auditorium with clear sound.
“The K-array speakers, brackets and subwoofer were all selected by the church to colour-match their brick wall and they tie in beautifully with that,” says Carl. “It’s a really compact, clean design. When people come in, they can’t tell where the sound is coming from.”
Carl Pellegrino, System Designer at Reflections AV