Cambridge Communication Hub
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Salas de Juntas y Conferencias
- K-array and CCOMM power into the energy sector with a unique acoustic solution
- AV integrator CCOMM has installed a new multi-functional audio-visual system at a Cambridge based communications hub of one of the world’s leading providers of technology to the oil and gas industry. Completed in late 2019, the new build project combines speaker systems from K-array in combination with Germany’s Innosonix multi-channel amplifiers. Both distributed in the UK by our regional distributor 2B Heard.
- CCOMM embarked on a major transformation of the original scientific laboratory into an inviting open-plan area that could be used for meetings, presentations, general and equipped with a sound system that would suit a dynamic and demanding setup.
- A major challenge was the complex acoustics of the vaulted ceiling which created a myriad of reflections that made listening an uncomfortable experience. Because the client was effectively converting the space from one usage to another, they asked Dave from 2BHeard to submit proposals for a high performance audio system, working from their detailed dimensional drawings.
- The team decided that acoustic treatment was essential, and so they installed specially cut-to-shape acoustic panels in the ceiling to reduce the reverberation time.
- The whole audio-visual system is centered a 6m x 3m Barco touch screen video wall. On either side of the screen are Viper-KV52 passive line arrays; installed behind acoustic grilles and supplemented by Rumble-KU26 subwoofers. There’s also additional sound reinforcement on the metal columns to spread sound coverage evenly around the 100-capacity room.
- The speaker system is driven by a 32-channel Innosonix amplifier.
"I've always been a fan of K-array, but when we fired this system up for the first time I was really impressed. I would describe the sound as transparent but rock-solid at the same time."Andrew Giles CCOMM Project Manager