Audi Drive-In Concert featuring Kehlani
Malibu, United States of America
Concerts and Live Events
- As more and more actors, artists and musicians try to find a way back to their work amid the coronavirus shutdown, Kehlani performed at one of the first official drive-in concerts on Thursday night.
- Audi Presents: Summer Drive-In Concert, which was held in appreciation of Los Angeles' frontline and essential workers, was the first time the R&B artist performed songs from her album It Was Good Until It Wasn't, which she released mid-shutdown on May 8.
- The 100-person crowd, including a handful of A-listers like Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade, watched the show at Calamigos Ranch nestled in the hills of Malibu, California from vehicles that had been provided for the concert.
- the show was also an experiment in live music and larger events in the coronavirus era, with masks required and cars spaced six feet apart.
- In what may become the new normal, upon arrival at the drive-in guests had their temperatures taken and were asked to fill out a questionnaire. Bags of hand sanitizer and Audi-branded masks were handed out to each attendee, along with a picnic basket of popcorn, pretzels, charcuterie, and beverages, including non-alcoholic mixed drinks Malibu Spritz and Agua Fresca. Blankets and folding chairs were also placed inside the cars for out-of-vehicle seating.
- DJ Jasmine Solano performed on stage for two hours ahead of Kehlani's set, also wearing a mask.
- For audio setup, rental company and long-term K-array partner, On-Stage Rentals supplied a Firenze-KH7 sound system. Total coverage was provided by 3 KH7 loudspeakers hung vertically per side plus 6 KS8 subwoofers in front of the stage.
- Not only was Audi extremely happy with the setup, but Kehlani’s sound engineer was also very impressed with the clarity of the system.
Sometimes great things come in small packages. The Firenze-KH7 packs punch and impressive clarity in a very compact design. The boxes can be flown in minutes making for very simplistic and efficient load ins. Plus, with the use of Armonia software you can optimize your coverage and focus the KH7’s Impressive energy just where you want it. Working with K-array products for years now, I have gotten used to watching the faces of engineers, performers and general listeners alike go from questioning, to amazement, the moment they hear them and the KH7 is no exception.Shawn Huartson On Stage Rentals