Kerridge's Bar & Grill
London, United Kingdom
Restaurants and Cafes
- For his brand's new restaurant, renowned 2 Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge wanted the right ambience for the Corinthia Hotel in London.
- This grand opening provided an opportunity to upgrade and modernize the sound systems, which at the time consisted of mainly ceiling speakers that struggled to project effectively from the seven-metre high position they were installed before. The chef and his team turned to audio-visual integration specialist AT&C Professional Systems together with 2B Heard, our British distributor, for a high-performance solution.
- The ceiling height was a major challenge. It can get quite echoey in a room of that design. The solution was much more of a near-field approach, using both K-array’s sub-compact line arrays and small point source speakers, and that has made everything much more controlled and intelligible.
- Python-KP102 line arrays in black are fitted to the dark timber panelling at the left and right of the back wall of the bar creating an upbeat ambience, covering all of the bar area and providing mid and high frequencies down most of the restaurant area. These are supplemented with a pair of Thunder-KMT18 18-inch subwoofers which provide the capability for that part of the system to go up a few notches in level when required.
- The lower SPL restaurant area is covered by four Domino-KF26 full range point source speakers located on the window bar returns, filling in the frequencies that begin to tail off with distance from the bar area. Two Rumble-KU26 dual six-inch low frequency speakers are fitted within the restaurant fixed seating. With the majority of the low frequencies coming from the bar area subs, no additional subwoofers were needed in the restaurant.
- The entire system runs from a single Kommander KA24 4-channel amplifier situated along with the control equipment in a wall-mounted rack in the cloakroom.
- At Kerridge's Bar & Grill you can expect an outstanding culinary experience from Tom Kerridge and his team and an auditory experience to match, thanks to a K-array speaker system that delivers dynamic sounds and looks the part in equal measure.
I’m really pleased with the way the K-array systems have improved the overall quality. It sounds awesome, and it can go pretty loud for those party occasions that demand a bit more energy and SPL. I can’t think of another speaker brand that would be capable of fulfilling the brief both acoustically and visually.Richard NewmanDirector of AT&C Professional Systems