Old Smithy's Dizzle
Restaurants and Cafes
- Old Smithy's Dizzle is a 1920s heritage building in the heart of Berlin-Friedrichshain that features four high-end dining rooms used individually or combined with each other for corporate events, conferences, readings and private parties.
- The "Old Loft" room has a distinctive Berlin factory style while the "Esse 16" features cathedral-like gable construction in a bright wooden ambience. The "Garden" is complete with many small terraces and outdoor seating areas, and the two-level "Dizzle's Home" emphasizes the brick walls and antique interior in the center of the former smithy.
- "Go wild and feel good" is the Old Smithy's Dizzle slogan but in contrast, the permanently installed sound system was subject to precise and strict specifications as the venue is under strict monument protection, therefore every exterior and interior change has to be permitted and proof certified by the monument preservation office prior to realization.
- System integrator Sound Brothers Berlin was tasked with developing an AV media concept of the highest playback quality for music and speech, coupled with a discreet and elegant enclosure design, as well as installation and commissioning onsite.
- To replace the existing PA system in the 140-m2 Dizzle's Home with a state-of-the-art, permanently installed audio system, Sound Brothers project manager Tino Müns and his team relied on a combination of Kobra-KK52 2" line array speakers, ultra-flat Vyper-KV52 line array speakers and the highly compact Rumble-KU210 2x10" passive subwoofers, all mounted on the walls,
- Installed since May 2019, the K-array systems have been in continuous use at the heavily-booked Berlin event location ever since.
With their unobtrusive design, the speakers fit perfectly into the ambience of the Old Smithy's Dizzle and provide an excellent solution for speech and background music as well as for parties at higher levels. In this context, we would also like to thank Sven Schindler and Christian Batzer from the German K-array distributor S.E.A., who visited the location with us and analyzed the requirements on site. We are happy and so is the customer.Tino MünsProject manager