The Axle-KRX402 is the medium format system of our Axle line that delivers more pressure and a more extended bass response than the smaller Axle-KRX202. It is comprised of an array of two Dragon-KX12 12" coaxial loudspeakers, which can be flown, paired with one 21” Thunder-KMT21 subwoofer per side in a stereo configuration.
High Pressure in the Near Field
The emission of point source loudspeakers is characterized by high sound pressure levels in the near field, ideal for applications where the audience is close to the sound source, like clubs, dance floors and live events, like DJ sets.
Four-Corner Port Configuration
The unique four-corner port configuration provides symmetrical back loading to the speakers, for extended bass response with very low distortion.
We have the ability to customize your project by color matching your system to any RAL code to help you to better integrate the speakers into a wide variety of venues.
Built-in DSP allows for fine tuning of every single sonic parameter of the loudspeaker, providing the sound engineer the highest control on overall performance and fine granularity in system configuration.
The directivity of many K-array solutions can be modified in order to optimize the coverage by an adjustable horn with variable orientation.
With the dedicated K-dante accessory, this solution can be integrated into a Dante network making it interoperable with other devices.
Our self-powered solutions prevent distortion from cumbersome and fragile passive crossovers and power loss due to long running cables, and offer plenty of advantages ranging from the compactness of the solution to the ease of integration with new and existing sound systems.
- Type Active subwoofer
- Transducers 21" neodymium magnet driver
- Frequency Response (1) 30 Hz – 150 Hz (-6 dB)
- Maximum SPL (2) 136 dB (peak)
- Coverage Omni
- Connectors INPUT: 2x XLR (bal) line input, 1x XLR AES3 input
- . OUTPUT: 1x speakOn loudspeaker output + 2x XLR (bal) parallel line output, 1x XLR AES3 output
- . SERIAL: 1x XLR RS485 serial input, 1x XLR RS485 serial output, 1x USB-B inlet
Handling and Finish
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (3) 555 x 572 x 763 mm (21.8 x 22.5 x 30 in)
- Weight 44 kg (97 lb)
- Material Wood
- Color Black, White, Custom RAL
- Type 2 ch. switch-mode, class D
- Output power 2 x 2400 W @ 4 Ω
- Power consumption 600 W, 1/8 Rated Power (Pink Noise)
- IP Rating IP40 (4)
- Type Point source
- Transducers Coaxial 12" woofer with 2.4" compression driver
- Frequency Response (1) 120 Hz – 19 kHz (-6 dB)
- Maximum SPL (2) 133 dB (peak)
- Rated Power 1200 W
- Coverage User sel. V./H. 30°/100° | 100°/30°
- Connectors SpeakOn NL4 1+ 1- (signal); 2+ 2- (through)
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ω
Handling and Finishes
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 340 x 320 x 201 mm (13.4 x 12.6 x 7.9) in
- Weight 12.2 kg (26.89 lb)
- Material Stainless Steel
- Color Black, White, Custom RAL
- IP Rating IP21
- Notes for data:
(1) With dedicated preset.
(2) Maximum SPL is calculated using a signal with crest factor 4 (12dB) measured at 1 m.
(3) Included 17 mm (0.7 in) removable rubber feet
(4) IP43 with K-AMPCOVER.
Passive loudspeakers require dedicated presets loaded on K-array amplifiers.
New materials and designs are introduced into existing products without previous notice.
KRX402 DatasheetVer. 2.0
Axle User GuideVer. 1.3
KRX402 DXF 2DVer. 1.3
KRX402 PDF 3DVer. 1.0
KRX402 LayoutVer. 1.0
EASE and EASE Focus DataVer. 1.0
K-framework 2.2.8 - WindowsVer. 2.2
KRX402 Architect SpecsVer. 1.0
KRX402 3DS 3DVer. 1.0
KRX402 DWG 3DVer. 1.0
EASE Focus 3 Download
Thunder & Systems Certificationsver. 1.0
Axle-KRX402 can be successfully used in a range of different settings and events.