Just like the other subwoofers in the Thunder line, the Thunder-KMT218 is much more than a standard dual 18” powered subwoofer.
This smart sub has an onboard Class D amplifier that delivers 2 x 2000 W at 4Ω with one of the two amplifying channels dedicated to the power supply of the sub while the other is dedicated to a Speakon output to create many different speaker configurations, including single mid-high modules, multiple line arrays, or the passive version of an additional bass module.
Unique Performance-to-Size Ratio
Produces an impressive high-power performance by producing a high SPL from a small frame.
Four-Corner Port Configuration
The unique four-corner port configuration provides symmetrical back loading to the speakers, for extended bass response with very low distortion.
We have the ability to customize your project by color matching your system to any RAL code to help you to better integrate the speakers into a wide variety of venues.
We utilize the most durable and resistant materials when developing our products to protect and conserve the system regardless of the elements, rendering a K-array installation reliable and long-lasting.
Built-in DSP allows for fine tuning of every single sonic parameter of the loudspeaker, providing the sound engineer the highest control on overall performance and fine granularity in system configuration.
With the dedicated K-dante accessory, this solution can be integrated into a Dante network making it interoperable with other devices.
Our self-powered solutions prevent distortion from cumbersome and fragile passive crossovers and power loss due to long running cables, and offer plenty of advantages ranging from the compactness of the solution to the ease of integration with new and existing sound systems.
- Type Active subwoofer
- Transducers 2 x 18" neodymium magnet driver
- Frequency Response (1) 30 Hz – 150 Hz (-6 dB)
- Maximum SPL (2) 139 dB (peak)
- Rated Power —
- Coverage Omni
- Connectors INPUT: 2x XLR (bal) line input, 1x XLR AES3 input | OUTPUT: 1x speakOn loudspeaker output + 2x XLR (bal) parallel line output, 1x XLR AES3 output | SERIAL: 1x XLR RS485 serial input, 1x XLR RS485 serial output, 1x USB-B inlet
- Nominal Impedance —
Handling and Finish
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (3) 951 x 482 x 600 mm (37.4 x 19 x 23.6 in)
- Weight 46 kg (101.4 lb)
- Material Wood
- Color Black, White, Custom RAL
- Finishes —
- Type 2 ch. switch-mode, class D
- Output power 2 x 2400 W @ 4 Ω
- Power consumption 600 W, 1/8 Rated Power (Pink Noise)
- IP Rating IP40 (4)
- Notes for data:
(1) With dedicated preset
(2) Maximum SPL is calculated using crest factor 4 (12dB) measured at 1 m.
(3) Included 17 mm (0.7 in) removable rubber feet
(4) IP43 with K-AMPCOVER.
Passive loudspeakers require dedicated presets loaded on K-array amplifiers.
New materials and designs are introduced into existing products without previous notice.
KMT218 DatasheetVer. 2.0
KMT218 User GuideVer. 1.3
K-framework ManualVer. 2.6
K-framework 2.2.8 - WindowsVer. 2.2
EASE DataVer. 3.0
KMT218 DWG 3DVer. 3.0
KMT218 DXF 2DVer. 5.0
KMT218 PDF 3DVer. 3.0
KMT218 LayoutVer. 1.1
KMT218 3DS 3DVer. 1.0
KMT218 Architects SpecsVer. 1.0
Amp-to-Speakers TableVer. 2.1
Thunder-KMT218 can be successfully used in a range of different settings and events.