A smart 12" subwoofer with the power of a 2-channel, 1000 W @ 8Ω Class D amplifier, the Thunder-KMT12 I allows many different configurations in combination with passive K-array loudspeakers like mid-high speakers, entire column line arrays or other passive sub to reinforce the mid-low frequencies.
Although it is the smallest of the line, the Thunder-KMT12 I has the same computing power as the other Thunder subwoofers for reproducing sound, rending it ideal for applications that require a small visual footprint with a large sound.
Unique Performance-to-Size Ratio
Produces an impressive high-power performance by producing a high SPL from a small frame.
Four-Corner Port Configuration
The unique four-corner port configuration provides symmetrical back loading to the speakers, for extended bass response with very low distortion.
We created a portfolio complete with lightweight products that are easy to transportation and quick to setup optimizing logistics, space, labor costs and time.
We have the ability to customize your project by color matching your system to any RAL code to help you to better integrate the speakers into a wide variety of venues.
We utilize the most durable and resistant materials when developing our products to protect and conserve the system regardless of the elements, rendering a K-array installation reliable and long-lasting.
Built-in DSP allows for fine tuning of every single sonic parameter of the loudspeaker, providing the sound engineer the highest control on overall performance and fine granularity in system configuration.
With the dedicated K-dante accessory, this solution can be integrated into a Dante network making it interoperable with other devices.
Our self-powered solutions prevent distortion from cumbersome and fragile passive crossovers and power loss due to long running cables, and offer plenty of advantages ranging from the compactness of the solution to the ease of integration with new and existing sound systems.
- Type Active subwoofer
- Transducers 12" neodymium magnet driver
- Frequency Response (1) 45 Hz – 150 Hz (-6 dB)
- Maximum SPL (2) 131 dB (peak)
- Coverage Omni
- Connectors INPUT: 2x XLR (bal) line input, 1x XLR AES3 input
- . OUTPUT: 1x speakOn loudspeaker output + 2x XLR (bal) parallel line output, 1x XLR AES3 output
- . SERIAL: 1x XLR RS485 serial input, 1x XLR RS485 serial output, 1x USB-B inlet
Handling and Finishes
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (3) 326 x 343 x 433 mm (12.8 x 13.5 x 17 in)
- Weight 15,6 kg (34.4 lb)
- Material Wood
- Color Black, White, Custom RAL
- Type 2 ch. switch-mode, class D
- Output power 2 x 1000 W @ 8 Ω
- Power consumption 300 W, 1/8 Rated Power (Pink Noise)
- IP Rating IP40 (4)
- Notes for data:
(1) With dedicated preset
(2) Maximum SPL is calculated using a signal with crest factor 4 (12dB) measured at 1 m.
(3) Included 17 mm (0.7 in) removable rubber feet
(4) IP43 with K-AMPCOVER.
Passive loudspeakers requires dedicated preset loaded on board of K-array amplifiers.
New materials and design are introduced into existing products without previous notice.
KMT12 I DatasheetVer. 2.0
KMT12 I User GuideVer. 1.4
K-framework ManualVer. 2.6
Ease DataVer. 2.1
KMT12 I DWG 3DVer. 2.1
KMT12 I DXF 2DVer. 4.0
KMT12 I PDF 3DVer. 2.1
KMT12 I LayoutVer. 2.1
K-framework 2.2.8 - WindowsVer. 2.2
KMT12 I 3DS 3DVer. 1.0
KMT12 I Architect SpecsVer. 1.0
Amp-to-Speakers TableVer. 2.1
Thunder & Systems Certificationsver. 1.0
Thunder-KMT12 I can be successfully used in a range of different settings and events.