A smart 12" subwoofer with the power of a 2-channel, 1000 W @ 8Ω Class D amplifier, the Thunder-KMT12 I allows many different configurations in combination with passive K-array loudspeakers like mid-high speakers, entire column line arrays or other passive sub to reinforce the mid-low frequencies.
Although it is the smallest of the line, the Thunder-KMT12 I has the same computing power as the other Thunder subwoofers for reproducing sound, rending it ideal for applications that require a small visual footprint with a large sound.
Unique Performance-to-Size Ratio
Produces an impressive high-power performance by producing a high SPL from a small frame.
Four-Corner Port Configuration
The unique four-corner port configuration provides symmetrical back loading to the speakers, for extended bass response with very low distortion.
We created a portfolio complete with lightweight products that are easy to transportation and quick to setup optimizing logistics, space, labor costs and time.
We have the ability to customize your project by color matching your system to any RAL code to help you to better integrate the speakers into a wide variety of venues.
We utilize the most durable and resistant materials when developing our products to protect and conserve the system regardless of the elements, rendering a K-array installation reliable and long-lasting.
Built-in DSP allows for fine tuning of every single sonic parameter of the loudspeaker, providing the sound engineer the highest control on overall performance and fine granularity in system configuration.
With the dedicated K-dante accessory, this solution can be integrated into a Dante network making it interoperable with other devices.
Our self-powered solutions prevent distortion from cumbersome and fragile passive crossovers and power loss due to long running cables, and offer plenty of advantages ranging from the compactness of the solution to the ease of integration with new and existing sound systems.
Onboard Touch Screen
An integrated touch screen provides intuitive control over the main DSP functions: input/output levels, signal routing, offset delays for the subwoofer and Speakon output and overall system delay (up to 330 ms).
- Power Handling 700W (AES)
- Max power 1200 W
- Impedance 8 Ohm
- Frequency range 40 Hz - 150 Hz ± 3dB (preset relating)
- SPL 1W/1mt 99 db
- Maximum SPL3 125dB (cont) - 131dB (peak)
- Type Omni
- Type DSP Controlled
- Frequency 150 Hz (preset dependent)
- Full range 1 x 12” neodymium speakers with 3” voice coil
Remote control & Audio in/out
- Analog Connectors 2 male + 2 female 3-pin balanced XLR
- Digital Connectors 1 male + 1 female 3-pin XLR
Audio Power input
- Connector Female Speakon
- Wiring Pin1+= CH1+ Pin1= CH1- Pin2+= N.C. Pin2= N.C.
Remote Control input
- Connectors 1 male + 1 female XLR parallel / 1 USB B Jack serial converter
- Connectors 2 x PowerCon IN/OUT
- Type 1 modules Class D - DSP controlled
- Subwoofer power 1000 Watt 1 @ 8Ω
- Speaker power output 1000 Watt 1 @ 8Ω
- Protections Dynamic limiter, over current, over temp, short circuits
- Nominal power requirements 100 - 240 Vac ± 10% 50-60 Hz
- Operating Range 85 – 265 Vac (auto-range)
- 1/8 rated power (pinknoise) @ 8Ω 300 W
- Dimensions 32.6 x 32.7 x 43.3 cm (12.83” x 12.87” x 17.04”) (2)
- Weight 15.6 Kg (34.39 lb)
- Notes for data:
- Amplifier wattage rating is based on the maximum unclipped burst sine wave RMS voltage that the amplifier will produce into the nominal load impedance.
- ( W x H x D)
New materials and design are introduced into existing products without previous notice. Present systems may differ in some respects from those presented in this catalogue.
Thunder-KMT12 I can be successfully used in a range of different settings and events.