Not just an active 18-inch subwoofer, the Thunder-KMT18 I is also a proper instrument for the management and processing of the audio signal. Internally integrated is a 2-channel, 1000 W @ 8Ω Class D amplifier with one channel dedicated to the 18" woofer and the other connected to a Speakon output on the rear panel, allows many different configurations in combination with passive K-array loudspeakers like mid-high speakers, entire column line arrays or other passive sub to reinforce the mid-low frequencies.
Four-Corner Port Configuration
The unique four-corner port configuration provides symmetrical back loading to the speakers, for extended bass response with very low distortion.
Unique Performance-to-Size Ratio
Produces an impressive high-power performance by producing a high SPL from a small frame.
We created a portfolio complete with lightweight products that are easy to transportation and quick to setup optimizing logistics, space, labor costs and time.
We utilize the most durable and resistant materials when developing our products to protect and conserve the system regardless of the elements, rendering a K-array installation reliable and long-lasting.
We have the ability to customize your project by color matching your system to any RAL code to help you to better integrate the speakers into a wide variety of venues.
Built-in DSP allows for fine tuning of every single sonic parameter of the loudspeaker, providing the sound engineer the highest control on overall performance and fine granularity in system configuration.
With the dedicated K-dante accessory, this solution can be integrated into a Dante network making it interoperable with other devices.
Our self-powered solutions prevent distortion from cumbersome and fragile passive crossovers and power loss due to long running cables, and offer plenty of advantages ranging from the compactness of the solution to the ease of integration with new and existing sound systems.
Onboard Touch Screen
An integrated touch screen provides intuitive control over the main DSP functions: input/output levels, signal routing, offset delays for the subwoofer and Speakon output and overall system delay (up to 330 ms).
- Power Handling 800W (AES)
- Max power 1400 W
- Impedance 8 Ohm
- Frequency range 30 Hz - 150 Hz ± 3dB (preset relating)
- SPL 1W/1mt 99 db
- Maximum SPL3 133dB (peak)
- Type Omni
- Type DSP Controlled
- Frequency 150 Hz (preset dependent)
- Full range 1 x 18” neodymium speakers with 3” voice coil
Power Audio input
- Analog Connectors 2 male + 2 female 3-pin balanced XLR
- Digital Connectors 1 male + 1 female 3-pin XLR
Audio Powered Output
- Connector Female Speakon
- Wiring Pin1+= CH1+ Pin1= CH1- Pin2+= N.C. Pin2= N.C.
Remote Control Input
- Connectors 1 male + 1 female XLR parallel / 1 USB B Jack serial converter
- Connectors 2 x PowerCon IN/OUT
- Type 1 modules class D - DSP controlled
- Subwoofer power 1000 Watt 1 @ 8Ω
- Speaker power output 1000 Watt 1 @ 8Ω
- Protections Dynamic limiter, over current, over temp,short circuits
- Nominal power requirements 100 - 240 Vac ± 10% 50-60 Hz
- Operating range 85 – 265 Vac (auto-range)
- Dimensions 46.5 x 46.5 x 59.6 cm (18.30” x 18.30” x 23.46”) (2)
- Weight 27.6 Kg (60.84 lb)
- Notes for data:
- Amplifier wattage rating is based on the maximum unclipped burst sine wave RMS voltage that the amplifier will produce into the nominal load impedance.
- ( W x H x D)
New materials and design are introduced into existing products without previous notice. Present systems may differ in some respects from those presented in this catalogue.
KMT18 I DatasheetVer. 2.0
KMT18 I User GuideVer. 1.4
K-framework ManualVer. 2.6
Ease DataVer. 4.0
KMT18 I DWG 3DVer. 4.0
KMT18 I DXF 2DVer. 5.0
KMT18 I PDF 3DVer. 3.0
KMT18 I LayoutVer.1.2
K-framework 2.2.4 - WindowsVer. 2.2
KMT18 I Architects SpecsVer. 1.2
KMT18 I 3DS 3DVer. 1.0
EASE Focus 3 Download
Thunder-KMT18 I can be successfully used in a range of different settings and events.